I think it's kind of amazing in its awfulness. Plus they've been advertising it like crazy - in the Globe and Mail, through press releases... So either they're super happy with it, or totally overcompensating for its ugli-/cluelessness with celebratory "the lady doth protest too much" press
No they like it, we have star-fuckers at our major institutions, we need a Bruce Mau logo for our budget Gehry (costs more for the curvy ones, and besides, in Canada, architecture for cultural institutions should reference hockey rinks)
The faxed version is too dada for a friendly neighbourhood Ontario art tourist destination- come see Ken Thompson's STUNNING collection of MIND BLOWING paintings from Upper Canada's EXCITING history of COLONIALISM. Wheeeee!
- Sally (can't remember my dang blogger password and username...gr.)
I'm a Toronto-based art gawker and writer/curator looking to initiate innovative projects, form an art nerd gang and generate discussion about the Canadian artworld.
I think it's hilarious. Breath takingly clueless with a best-before-date on it. YOU GO AGOAGOAGO!
ReplyDeleteI think it's kind of amazing in its awfulness. Plus they've been advertising it like crazy - in the Globe and Mail, through press releases... So either they're super happy with it, or totally overcompensating for its ugli-/cluelessness with celebratory "the lady doth protest too much" press
ReplyDeleteI think I'm having an Art Attack!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hitentertainment.com/artattack/
- Sally
No they like it, we have star-fuckers at our major institutions, we need a Bruce Mau logo for our budget Gehry (costs more for the curvy ones, and besides, in Canada, architecture for cultural institutions should reference hockey rinks)
ReplyDeleteIt is so totally Art Attack! I hadn't even thought of that. I wonder where the PVA glue was used in its creation.
ReplyDeleteit does look kind of cool faxed, though -
ReplyDeletehttp://torontoist.com/attachments/toronto_marcl/AGO_faxed.gif
yeah, something about the b & w faxed version is sort of endearing, but still in a MacPaint 2.0 kind of way
ReplyDeleteThe faxed version is too dada for a friendly neighbourhood Ontario art tourist destination- come see Ken Thompson's STUNNING collection of MIND BLOWING paintings from Upper Canada's EXCITING history of COLONIALISM. Wheeeee!
ReplyDelete- Sally (can't remember my dang blogger password and username...gr.)